St Stephen’s CofE Junior School expects all of its pupils to wear school uniform for the following reasons
- It shows that the children are all part of the same team;
- It encourages pride in the school;
- It prevents discrimination and ostentatious affluence;
- It reduces arguments at home about what to wear each day;
- It makes recognition of pupils in public places much easier therefore making the pupils safer.
The school uniform for pupils is as follows:
- Navy blue school sweat shirt or cardigan with the school logo on;
- White polo shirt or blouse;
- Light/mid grey trousers, skirts, shorts or pinafores – no leggings or skinny jeans;
- Black shoes or plain black trainers – all logos and trims must be black
- Blue gingham dress (Summer only)
- Dark socks or tights or plain white socks.
School sweatshirts and cardigans can be purchased from Harris Sports online.
The children must also have a school PE kit. This is worn instead of uniform on the days which they have PE. This consists of the following:
- Blue hoodie with the school logo
- T shirt in your child's house colour
- Blue tracksuit bottoms with the school logo
- Blue shorts with the school logo.
This can be purchased from Harris Sport.
If your child is currently entitled to Free School Meals, the school will cover the cost of the PE kit. Please ask the school for further details.