St Stephen’s CofE Junior School expects all of its pupils to wear school uniform for the following reasons
- It shows that the children are all part of the same team;
- It encourages pride in the school;
- It prevents discrimination and ostentatious affluence;
- It reduces arguments at home about what to wear each day;
- It makes recognition of pupils in public places much easier therefore making the pupils safer.
The school uniform for pupils is as follows:
- Navy blue school sweat shirt or cardigan with the school logo on;
- White polo shirt or blouse;
- Light/mid grey trousers, skirts, shorts or pinafores – no leggings or skinny jeans;
- Black shoes or plain black trainers – all logos and trims must be black
- Blue gingham dress (Summer only)
- Dark socks or tights or plain white socks.
School sweatshirts and cardigans can be purchased from Initially Yours on Lansdown Road.
The children must also have a school PE kit. This is worn instead of uniform on the days which they have PE. This consists of the following:
- Blue hoodie with the school logo
- T shirt in your child's house colour
- Blue tracksuit bottoms with the school logo
- Blue shorts with the school logo.
This can be purchased from Harris Sport, either on line or by completing a form at school.
If your child is currently entitled to Free School Meals, the school will cover the cost of the PE kit. Please ask the school for further details.