From 2013, the Government has provided funding to enhance the quality of sports and PE for all children. Please see the link below for the Department for Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
At St Stephen’s, we receive £9730. We have decided to prioritise:
* staff training to ensure the funding has a lasting impact on our school;
* ensuring all our children are competent swimmers by the time they leave our school;
* enhancing access to intra and inter-school sports competitions, including membership of the Grange Sports Partnership;
* employing sports coaches from Bristol Rugby to work alongside our school staff;
* providing all children with the opportunity to engage in new sports and activities and receive professional coaching;
* Increase the amount of children representing the school in competitive sport.