From 2013, the Government has provided funding to enhance the quality of sports and PE for all children. This funding was doubled in 2017 to provide schools with extra funding to promote healthy lifestyles through sport. Please see the link below for the Department for Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
At St Stephen’s, we will receive £19,600. We have decided to prioritise:
* staff training to ensure the funding has a lasting impact on our school;
* ensuring all our children are competent swimmers by the time they leave our school;
* enhancing access to intra and inter-school sports competitions, including membership of the CSET Sports Partnership;
* employing sports coaches from Bristol Sport to work alongside our school staff;
* providing all children with the opportunity to engage in new sports and activities and receive professional coaching;
* Increase the amount of children representing the school in competitive sport;.